Oversized Optium Museum Acrylic Seamed
Trusted by the world’s most renowned museums, this state-of-the-art glazing boasts a virtually invisible anti-reflective coating allowing viewers to see the finest details in crystal clear colour neutrality, while its UV-filtering, abrasion resistant acrylic, and anti-static coating offer uncompromising protection and preservation.
Technological advancements over recent years has allowed us to provide our customers with seamed sheets of this fantastic product up to 3m x 8m (10ft x 26ft). This 6mm thick acrylic is more than half the weight of glass, whilst still providing the best protection possible for artwork.
The joining process is carried out by a US company that seams together a number of smaller sheets to create a much larger piece with an almost invisible, but yet strong and stable sheet.
For pricing, please enquire here or with your local branch.
- Virtually eliminates reflections
- Blocks up to 99% of UV rays in the 300 - 380nm range
Half the Weight of Glass so great for structurally sensitive frames, large works, and/or when glass is too heavy.
- Optimal light transmission protects and brightens colours
- Anti-static protection that immediately dissipates static
- Durable hard coat protects against scratches
- Shatter resistance safeguards against injury and damage to artwork
- Cleans like glass – no special cleaners needed
- Proprietary coating is engineered for permanence
At Wessex we like to provide our customers with the full solution from first contact to post installation support. This can be anything from site visits to advise on the most suitable type of glazing with regards to safety and lighting sources to dealing with insurance matters. Our experienced fitting and delivery team have all the necessary knowledge and expertise when fitting high value art that no job is to complicated. We take the stress out of glazing for our clients.
- Oversized works
- Framing or display cases for cultural heritage and fine art collections
- Traveling exhibits
- Static sensitive materials including textiles charcoals and pastels
- Irreplaceable works of art
- Shadowboxes for displaying objects, including family heirlooms or personal mementos
- Framing for earthquake prone or high traffic areas where safety is a concern
- Passes Photographic Activity Test (PAT) ISO 18916
- Meets ISO 18902 section 3.9
- <1.0E+12 Surface Resistivity (Ohms/square)
- Passes Outgassing Oddy Test
- Passes Humidity Resistance MIL-C-48497A para 220.127.116.11
- Passes RoHS Compliance ASTM B117-03
- Passes Corrosion Resistance (Salt Fog) ASTM B117-03 & B368-03 & B368-97
- Passes Coating Adhesion (Snap Tape) MIL-C-48497A para 18.104.22.168
- Passes Solubility MIL-C-48497A
- Accelerated Aging 2000 hours (~100 years) of Q-sun Xenon Arc Testing at exposure intensity of 100,000 lux properties remain unchanged
- Conservation Grade Protection
- ISO 18902 Photo Safe, Safe for Friable Materials
- UV filtration - >99% (in the 300 - 380nm range)
Anti-Reflective <1.0% for optimal viewing.
Thin film coatings bonded to substrate at an atomic level
Weight - 6mm - 7.2kg / m2
- Maximum sheet size - 3m x 8m (10ft x 26ft)
- Maximum sheet thickness - 6mm