TruVue OPTIUM® Museum Acrylic
Product Reference Code: TVOA
Trusted by the world’s most renowned museums, this state-of-the-art glazing boasts a virtually invisible anti-reflective coating allowing viewers to see the finest details in crystal clear color neutrality, while its UV-filtering, abrasion resistant acrylic, and anti-static coating offer uncompromising protection and preservation.
Tru Vue Optium Museum Acrylic is available in:
- Cut to size - let us cut, wrap and deliver your Optium Museum Acrlyic ready for the frame.
- By the sheet
Need a custom size?
- Virtually eliminates reflections
- Blocks up to 99% of UV rays in the 300 - 380nm range
- Optimal light transmission protects and brightens colors
- Anti-static protection that immediately dissipates static
- Durable hard coat protects against scratches
- Shatter resistance safeguards against injury and damage to artwork
- Cleans like glass – no special cleaners needed
- Proprietary coating is engineered for permanence
- Framing or display cases for cultural heritage and fine art collections
- Traveling exhibits
- Static sensitive materials including textiles charcoals and pastels
- Oversized works
- Irreplaceable works of art
- Shadowboxes for displaying objects, including family heirlooms or personal mementos
- Framing for earthquake prone or high traffic areas where safety is a concern
- Passes Photographic Activity Test (PAT) ISO 18916
- Meets ISO 18902 section 3.9
- <1.0E+12 Surface Resistivity (Ohms/square)
- Passes Outgassing Oddy Test
- Passes Humidity Resistance MIL-C-48497A para 188.8.131.52
- Passes RoHS Compliance ASTM B117-03
- Passes Corrosion Resistance (Salt Fog) ASTM B117-03 & B368-03 & B368-97
- Passes Coating Adhesion (Snap Tape) MIL-C-48497A para 184.108.40.206
- Passes Solubility MIL-C-48497A
- Accelerated Aging 2000 hours (~100 years) of Q-sun Xenon Arc Testing at exposure intensity of 100,000 lux properties remain unchanged
- Conservation Grade Protection
- ISO 18902 Photo Safe, Safe for Friable Materials
- Cutting - Use a circular saw with special blade designed for cutting plastic
- Framing - Either side
- UV filtration - >99% (in the 300 - 380nm range)
- Light reflection - 1%
- Weight - 3mm - 3.36kg / m2 - 4.5mm - 5.5kg / m2 - 6mm - 7.2kg / m2
- Maximum sheet size - 3048mm x 1830mm / 120" x 72"
- Maximum sheet thickness - 6mm
Optium Museum Acrylic® is used in many of the world's top museums.
The following link is a video prepared by the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. Masterpieces from Rembrandt van Rijn to Piet Mondriaan will be seen in a new light when the Rijksmuseum re-opens to the public on April 13, 2013 following a 10-year transformation with more than 100 pieces framed with Tru Vue® Optium® Acrylic Glazing.